Another week of solid releases. Get ‘em while they’re hot.
The Silver Seas - “The Best Things In Life”
2009 left me with very little time to dig around for music I loved so some of my choices are probably a bit more obvious than I’d like. That said, I don’t think that makes them any less worthy. Here’s my list:
The Silver Seas’ spunky track “What’s the Drawback?” was by far the most popular post I made on Tuneage this year. I’ve posted their song “The Best Things In Life,” which has a similar sound and a wonderful upbeat attitude to carry us into the new year.
Metric - “Help I’m Alive” (80Kidz remix)
Just when I thought I was going to have to retire Metric’s wonderful “Help I’m Alive” from my personal playlist due to over-listening, 80Kidz has gone and reworked it into a dancier, equally wonderful version of itself. Brilliance!
Another week, another batch of Tuneage-approved releases. As usual, all links end at Amazon.
- Beck - One Foot in the Grave (Extra tracks) (Buy the CD)
- The Boy Least Likely To - The Law of the Playground (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- The Datsuns - Headstunts (Buy the CD)
- Death Cab for Cutie - The Open Door EP (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Ida Maria - Fortress Round My Heart (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Juan Maclean - The Future Will Come (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Metric - Fantasies (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Papercuts - You Can Have What You Want (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Prefuse 73 - Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian (Buy the CD/MP3s)
- Silversun Pickups - Swoon (Buy the CD/MP3s) (Artwork pictured above)