Well, it’s that time of year again. You know this time of year: when all the music blogs get together and decide how they’re all going to post the same 10 albums in different orders, with maybe one or two curveballs thrown in for ‘flair’.
Tuneage will of course participate in this year-end
circle-jerk round-up, but we like to think ours is slightly different. First, we don’t post a single list (we’re far too lazy to get together to come up with a single list and argue over whether Merriweather Post Pavilion was really better than Veckatimest or just better hyped). Second, we’re posting our favorite albums of the year. Sure, they may not be the best (technically speaking), but they’re the ones we enjoyed the most…and I’d rather hear about the music someone really liked, rather than what they appreciate for its technical merits.
OK, enough babbling, here are my favorite albums of 2009 (in alphabetical order)…
Bill’s Favorites of 2009:
- Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion
- Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue
- jj - nº 2
- Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
- The xx - xx
Much like last year’s list, I don’t think there’s much surprise here, but I’ve listened to each of these albums a few dozen times each over the course of the year and I have yet to grow tired of any of them. And if that’s not enjoying an album, I don’t know what is.
* Although his album, The Atlantic Ocean, didn’t quite make my favorites-of-the-year list,”Lady Luck” was easily one of my favorite songs of the year and somehow hadn’t been posted here yet. Oops, that makes two of these this week.
- mialegria likes this
- lix likes this
- sugarspeech likes this
- zooeyglass likes this
- laurakelly00 reblogged this from tuneage
- laurakelly00 likes this
- shleng likes this
- ghostlikeswazy reblogged this from tuneage
- keepinganotebook likes this
- iamjen likes this
- pckr reblogged this from tuneage and added:
- arig likes this
- anappleaday likes this
- kec likes this
- notlikethecheese likes this
- tuneage posted this